The kitchen is more than just a place to prepare food. In many homes, it becomes the gathering place where meals are shared and conversations happen. Make your kitchen a reflection of your style with these ideas:
- Connect to the outdoors. Consider expanding your kitchen to include an outdoor component. A window wall or sliding door can connect your kitchen with an outdoor deck or patio and make for a fun entertaining space during warmer months.
- Make a splash with your backsplash. Use your backsplash as a way to bring design elements and variety into your kitchen décor. Consider a full-height backsplash that stretches from the counter to the ceiling in places with open wall space to give the illusion of a larger space.
- Tuck those appliances away. Microwaves over the stove were once a trend. Now, we’re seeing more microwaves tucked under counters. Refrigerators blend with cabinetry, and small appliances like toasters have a designated, out-of-sight space.
- Warm it up with wood. Wood features add warmth and character to a kitchen. The “farmhouse-style” made popular by Chip and Joanna Gains can be credited with this trend. Look for medium-tone woods that will blend well with other colors.
- Use all the space. Don’t let a corner go unused. Your kitchen square footage is important to your home’s overall usage. Install a corner cabinet and counter for bonus space in your busy kitchen.
ML Taylor Construction’s team is here to make these ideas a reality for you. Let us stop by for a no-obligation on-site assessment and estimate. Give us a call at 765-529-8011 to set a date and time that works for you.